At Together Credit Union, we're in the business of building relationships that last a lifetime. We accomplish this by providing comprehensive banking products and financial services at higher savings rates, lower loan rates, and reduced fees than our competitors. With 27 branches nationwide and 24/7 member resources and amenities, we are empowering more than 136,000 members achieve their financial goals daily.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution, we also provide educational resources, expert advice, and professional guidance focused on your financial wellbeing. We believe living your best life requires smart decision making, and it is our mission to be there, supporting you, during your most important moments and milestones.
We are community-focused, and actively support small businesses. We take the time to understand each business member’s unique situation, providing solutions to grow and thrive, creating local jobs and a healthy economy. Additionally, we give back to our members and communities through volunteerism, service, charitable acts, scholarships, grants, and donations. Achieve what matters most, and trust Together Credit Union to be there for you every day. Learn more at togethercu.org.
About Us: Formerly known as Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union, American Eagle Credit Union, and Purina Credit Union, Together Credit Union is chartered by the state of Missouri, and federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). With more than $2 billion in total assets, Together Credit Union is not a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc., or any of its affiliates.
What is a credit union: Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations that exist to serve their members. Like banks, credit unions accept deposits, make loans and provide a wide array of other financial services. But as member-owned and cooperative institutions, credit unions provide a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates. (from MyCreditUnion.gov)
Achievements: By actively serving by our four core values, Service with Excellence, Value Diversity, Act with Integrity, and Take Ownership, Together Credit Union has earned recognition as a two-time Best-In-State Credit Union by Forbes Magazine and was chosen as a 2019 and 2020 Corporate Philanthropy honoree by both the Credit Union National Association and the St. Louis Business Journal.
Collaborates with the risk management group in assessing, identifying, mitigating, and monitoring key risks as a means of preserving and creating value. This includes but is not limited to vendor risk management, business continuity planning, compliance, and various other risk management activities. Collaborates with all other department on matters of risk. Accepts change and provides innovation. Builds awareness of risk initiatives and helps team members understand their role in managing risk.
This position will be eligible to work from home with the expectation you are in the office as business needs arise. The ideal candidate will live in the St. Louis area and will commute to the corporate office for company and team sponsored events. This could include team meetings, team building sessions, and as other needs arise.
· Vendor Risk Management - Manage and guide the vendor risk management program by building relationships with individuals and business units throughout the organization and utilizing the vendor risk management software program. Oversee and provide assistance with contract and due diligence reviews, system administration, and other risk-related assessments. Offer program design input and improvement ideas as they become apparent or from feedback received. Ensure efficiency, quality control, and compliance with regulatory guidance in company-wide vendor risk-management activities.
· Business Continuity Planning - Manage and guide the business continuity program by building relationships with individuals and business units throughout the organization and utilizing the business continuity software program. Oversee and provide assistance with the annual program updates. To include assisting with the implementation and documentation of business continuity testing and supporting the business impact analysis process on an annual basis. Offer program design input and improvement ideas as they become apparent or from feedback received.
· Incident Management Program – Manage and guide the enterprise-wide incident management program for vendor management and business continuity. This involves working with, and providing assistance to, individuals and business units throughout the organization and utilizing the business continuity software program.
· Compliance Management – Serve as the compliance management program software administrator. This includes user administration, entering and assigning tasks, entering status updates provided by individuals and the Compliance Committee, running reports, and implementing software updates and improvements.
· Bank Secrecy Act – Assist with day to day operational duties of the credit union’s overall BSA/AML/OFAC compliance program.
· Miscellaneous Duties - The risk analyst will have miscellaneous duties assigned in support of the credit union's strategic objectives as they relate to risk management.
· Regular and consistent attendance is required.
· Promotes a positive relationship between the members (internal and external) and the credit union and understands that service deliver to members it the number one priority to the credit union.
· Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
· Completes all tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Education: A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field is desired, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience: Five years of similar or related experience including preparatory experience is required.
· Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with members, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, education and/or advising others on matters of significance.
· Other Skills: Effective in your ability to focus on the task at hand and eliminate distractions to ensure efficient results in tasks performed. Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills demonstrated by the ability to; read and interpret documents, write policies and procedures, create reports, and speak persuasively to employees, management, regulators, and vendors. Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills required. Previous experience as a paralegal or contract review specialist a plus.